God is still speaking today. He is the God of revelations and He is still revealing Himself to man. Every child of God is at different levels of hearing God. Don’t force yourself to hear on a level that is not your level.
There are two categories of communications and both are supernatural.
1. Basic communications.
2. Spectacular communications.
God can use both.
However, God communicates to the majority of His children through basic communications. That is the usual way. God communicates to people through spectacular means on rare occasions. When God does this, it is a pointer to the kind of battle awaiting them in the future and they will need that kind of divine communication for stability when the time comes.
There are many things that speak to us. These include our emotions, thoughts, desires, problems, demons, and God. The greatest of all is the voice of God. What separates voices from voices to man is the Word of God.
As a child of God, you are not a normal human being. Don’t let the devil interpret the Word of God for you. If the devil cannot supply your information, he wants to be your interpreter. Don’t allow the devil to interpret divine communications to you.
I was sleeping one day and I saw our Pastors gathered together. I saw amongst them one of our old Pastors that had died. He showed up among them and changed to one of our Pastors. I told Mommy to go to the Pastor’s meeting that the spirit of death was coming after that Pastor. They gathered around the Pastor and prayed for him. He had an accident and the car somersaulted three times. The car was a complete write-off. They could not believe that he came out of the car. He is alive today. That was a divine communication.
If God is sure you will do something about it, He will get across to you communications to help others around you. I wrote in one of my books – Structuring Your Life for Responsibility – that God will not by-pass the responsible for divine assignment and divine communication. If God communicates to you the first, second and third time and you are not faithful, he will not communicate to you again.
Ways the Holy Spirit Communicates with Us
1. The Word of God– start obeying the principles and commandments in the Bible. The Bible covers the general will of God to us.
2. The inner witness of the Holy Ghost. This may come as a reaction from inside when you are trying to do something.
3. Gifts of the Spirit.
4. Signs. There are times when God will use a sign to talk to you. A godless generation most of the time is looking for signs.
5. Godly counsel – Psalm 1:1-3. There are two counsels: a. Counsel of the Godly
b. Counsel of the ungodly. Make sure you always go with Godly counsels. Such counsels may come through your Pastors, friends, parents, and so on.
6. Circumstances. Sometimes, angels use that.
7. An inner voice. 1Kings 19:12. A still small voice. The still small voice is different from the inner witness of the Holy Spirit. If you do not get the inner witness, God will stop you by circumstances. Stop fighting and struggling with God, you are not a normal human being as a Christian.
Till next week, go and win with Jesus.
Rev. Olusola A. Areogun.