YOU CANNOT SAY YOU DON’T HAVE TIME TO PRAY WHEN YOU CAN PRAY IN THE SPIRIT. Let me show you what happens to YOU WHEN YOU PRAY IN TONGUES.
1. Praying in tongues is the primary way of entering the world of the Holy Spirit. Praying in the Spirit opens you up into the realm of the supernatural. It takes you into deeper depths in the world of the Holy Spirit.
2. When you begin to pray in tongues, it turns your world, hooks your mind to the Holy Spirit, and begins to turn your words from the realm of men to the realm of the supernatural.
3. When you begin to pray in the Holy Ghost, your words begin to carry a greater influence of the prophetic. It gives the Holy Spirit greater access to take hold of your tongues.
4. When you speak in tongues, the Holy Ghost takes hold together with you in life. Look at Romans 8:26. Emphasis is on three words – ‘take hold together’. Many times I have been in difficult situations and I didn’t know what to do; I begin to say, “Holy Spirit, take hold with me!” Sometimes, you may have an unpalatable experience and a spirit of depression wants to latch on you to take you into a downward spiral. The Holy Spirit is the way out at such times. He is ready and willing to take hold together with us.There is no human being that can understand better with you what you are going through than the Holy Ghost. He brings the measure of grace commensurate to the situation you are going through.
5. When you begin to pray in the Holy Ghost, He begins to bring you into increasing measures of Himself.
6. When you begin to pray in the Holy Ghost, you begin to speak out the mysteries of God over your life. Mysteries are things that are known in the presence of God but not known in the realm of men. The Holy Ghost reveals to you things about people that ordinarily you wouldn’t have known in your mind.
7. When you pray in the Spirit, the Holy Ghost takes you into pre-emptive prayers. You begin to set in motion the counsel of God over your life.
8. When you pray in tongues, it brings a refreshing and a refilling to your body, soul, and spirit.I first heard this from Pa S. G. Elton. He said whenever he has done so much and is feeling tired, he goes to pray in the Holy Ghost and he feels like he just took a cold shower on a hot afternoon.
9. Holy Spirit is our burden bearer when we pray in tongues.
10. When you pray in tongues, you become aware of the Holy Ghost for ministry and your environment (things of God, of the devil, of your past, present and future that you are not aware of).
11. When you pray in tongues, you begin to pray in the prayer code of Heaven which is the most difficult thing you can copy.
12. When you pray in tongues, you begin to tap into the gifts of the Holy Spirit. It opens the door to other gifts of the Holy Spirit.
13. When you pray in tongues, your spirit expresses itself to God.
14. When you pray in tongues, you pray out the answers of God in that situation. Answers await you in the spirit realm and it takes a man that can travel to that realm to bring the answers. One of the ways to bring the answers is by praying in the spirit. 1 Cor. 2:10 says “But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.”
You can be sure you will never be stranded when you pray in the Holy Ghost.
Till next week, go and win with Jesus.
Rev. Olusola A. Areogun.