Who is a New Believer in Christ?
To know if you are a believer in Christ or not, let me show you who a believer in Christ is NOT.
- A believer in Christ is NOT one born by Christian parents into a Christian home. Therefore, godly heritage does not confer salvation.
- A believer in Christ is NOT one who faithfully attends church and does his religious duties. Therefore, church membership does not confer salvation.
- A believer in Christ is NOT one who is morally okay. Therefore, doing your best is simply not enough.
- A believer in Christ is NOT one who believes that the Bible is the word of God etc. it is not how many translations of the truth you have that matters but how many truths of the Bible you have translated into your personal life experiences.
- A believer is NOT someone who MERELY believes Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world.
Who then is a believer in Christ?
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation.
According to the Bible, a believer in Christ is:
- Someone who acknowledges in sincerity that he is a sinner before God.
- Someone who hears the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ AND makes an INTELLIGENT response with his whole HEART AND WILL (not just emotions or feelings) to surrender his life to Jesus and make Jesus his own PERSONAL Lord and Saviour.
- On making the decision above, someone who CONSCIOUSLY turns from and forsakes ALL that he presently knows to be wrong and sinful and RESOLUTELY follows the way of Jesus as revealed in the pages of the Bible.
If you are not sure you meet these criteria, you may like to do so NOW before you go further. Here is a simple prayer that you can offer in faith to God to change your state.
Dear Heavenly Father,
I realize I am a sinner with no living relationship with you. I acknowledge my sins before you and ask your pardon for these sins because of the work of your Son, Jesus Christ. I repent and turn away from my sinful past now and ask you, Lord Jesus, to come into my heart now as my Lord and Saviour.
I congratulate you and welcome you to the family of God if you have sincerely said that prayer. If you are led to become a member of Dream Centre of Lifeoasis International Church you are encouraged to fill out the first-timers form and someone will be in touch.
2 Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Culled from the Book “Your New Life” Written by Reverend Olusola Areogun