God says in Hosea. 4:6a “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge”.
So, it is important that we know His desire for health and well-being, “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou be prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth”. (Text: 3 John 1:2)
In some cases, it is not the devil that is directly responsible for the state of health of some people but the ways and manners by which they have conducted their lives.
The under-listed tips will help in maintaining a good state of being:
1. Eat a good and balanced diet meals always. The Bible emphasises the importance of treating our bodies as temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). Part of this stewardship involves consuming a balanced diet that promotes health and vitality.
2. Do routine medical check-ups regularly
3. Engage in Regular Exercise. The Apostle Paul encourages us in 1 Timothy 4:8, saying, “For while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way.” Regular exercise, such as walking or jogging, aligns with this biblical principle.
4. Always take good quality time for rest and recreation. God instituted a day of rest in Genesis 2:2-3. Therefore, it is vital to set aside quality time for rest and recreation to rejuvenate our bodies and minds.
5. Avoid lousy eating habits—Galatians 5:22-23, where self-control is recognised as a fruit of the Spirit. Choose what you eat; you don’t have to eat everything you see or feel like eating, so be highly disciplined!
6. Maintain good personal hygiene and a clean environment. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 reminds us again of our bodies as temples. Ensuring good personal hygiene and a clean environment is part of our stewardship. Be sure that nothing in your environment is potentially dangerous to breed diseases.
7. Constantly maintain a good state of mind. Philippians 4:6-7 teaches us to “not be anxious about anything.” Cultivating a good state of mind is essential for overall health, as our thoughts impact our well-being. Deal scripturally with worry, anxiety, fear, etc. Always bear in mind that you need your body to fulfil your destiny.
GOD’S MEANS OF HEALING
Now, let us explore how God provides healing through His various means:
- Through His Word. John 6:63, Ps. 107:20.
In John 6:63, Jesus declares, “The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.” Scripture has the power to bring healing and life to our bodies.
- Through His Anointing. Jas. 5:14, Isa. 10:27, Acts 10:38.
James 5:14 instructs us to call the elders of the church to anoint the sick with oil in the name of the Lord. This anointing represents a powerful means of healing.
- Through faith in Him. Luke 8:50
Luke 8:50 demonstrates the significance of faith in Jesus for healing. Our unwavering trust in Him can lead to miraculous restoration.
- Through obeying specific instructions given by the Holy Spirit. John 5:8-9, 2 Kings 5:10, Ex. 15:26.
In John 5:8-9, we witness Jesus instructing a man to take up his bed and walk, leading to his healing. Likewise, obeying specific instructions from the Holy Spirit can result in healing and restoration (2 Kings 5:10, Exodus 15:26).
Remember, God desires for us to prosper and be in health, just as our souls prosper.
May you walk in both spiritual and physical vitality, glorifying God in all aspects of your life.
Till next time, go and win with Jesus!
From God’s Servant,
Rev. Olusola Ayodele Areogun.